Friday, September 23, 2011

Realtor or Not

Ladies and gents, this is my first blog on real estate, so please bare with me as it's kind of a trial run.  I've decided to write about what "I" think about using a professional vs. buying/selling with-out one.  I have lots of reasons, but I'll try to stick to a few.  First of all, I'd say the biggest reason, "for me" would be money.  Have you ever looked into the cost of advertising?  Whoa!  It's mega-expensive!  If I list my home with an agent it does not cost me anything unless my house sells.  If I list it myself, I have to pay for each and every little bit of advertising that is done.  Trust me, my pockets are not even close to being as deep as they are in company's like Re-Max, Keller Williams, Reece and Nichols, etc...  Also, if I list my house and spend thousands of dollars marketing it I'm out the money whether my house sells or not.  So, let's say I spend $2,000 marketing my house online, in newspapers, etc...  My house sits for however long, doesn't sell and so I decide to stay here.  I'm bummed, do not get to move and I'm out two grand.  If I list my house and it sets for however long and I decide to not move, I'm out zero dollars.  Hmmm.  I'm pretty sure I like the zero dollars, but that is me.  On the other hand, if I spend two grand on my own, and sell my house I may save quite a bit of money.  If I sell it with a professional's help, I will have to pay.  It's strange how you have to pay for professional help.  lol  I guess I'm old fashioned when I say that I like a true dentist to work on my teeth, an attorney to represent me in court, and a doctor to diagnose my illnesses.  I understand that we have to cut back some places, but real estate is the only place I know where you only pay "after" and "if" you get results.  To each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment